Artist Ridge Trail
Mt Baker National Forest
Trailhead at Artist Point parking area
Artist Ridge Trail is a fairly easy out-and-back 1.2 miles, roundtrip hike that features great views of Mt. Baker, Mt. Shuksan and the scenery surrounding Artist Point. It's popular - often crowded, in fact - as it is short, pretty and family-friendly, so you're not likely going to get away from it all on this trail. But this is a hike you take for the views, not the solitude.
Because of all the snow here, the trail is hikeable only a few months a year. The V04 photo below was taken in July of one year, the others from September of a different year. That's about the timeframe, more or less.
Mt Baker Summit (C14A0088)
A wide wilderness canyon separates Artist Ridge from Mt. Baker.
Mt. Shuksan (C14A0094)
This view of Mt. Shuksan is near the turnaround point along Artist Ridge Trail.
Snow and Mt. Baker (V04A0240)
Snow on the ground along the Artist Ridge Trail can last well into summer. In fact, at this elevation it can snow any day of the year.
You may also like these Mt. Baker National Forest sights:
- Heather Meadows Fire And Ice Interpretive Trail, Mt Baker National Forest, Washington
- Heliotrope Ridge Trail, Mt Baker National Forest, Washington
- Nooksack Falls, Mt Baker National Forest, Washington
While you're in the area, check out these sights:
- Chuckanut Drive And Larrabee State Park, Bellingham, Washington
- Dutch-Themed Town, Lynden, Washington
- Marine Life Center, Bellingham, Washington