S Main St @ 2nd Ave W
I was driving around Omak checking out my motel options for the evening when I came across a couple interesting sculptures that appeared to be arbirarily installed at the intersection of South Main Street at 2nd Avenue.
I haven't had much luck yet in finding out their names, but it turned out that one of them was created by Richard Beyer, whose works have caught my eye in a number of locations.
Richard Beyer Sculpture (W12A0291)
It's an unusual sculpture installed in an unlikely setting, making it an even greater find.
Omak Sculpture (W12A0293)
I haven't turned up the name of the artist behind this work. It reminds me of a cross between a hunter and an Easter Island head.
You may also like these other Richard Beyer sculptures:
- Ellensburg Bull Sculpture, Ellensburg, Washington
- Kitt Coyote Sculpture, Ellensburg, Washington
- People Waiting For The Interurban Sculpture, Seattle, Washington
While you're in the area, check out these sights:
- Around Town, Okanogan, Washington
- Molson Ghost Town Museum, Molson, Washington
- Chief Joseph Grave, Nespelem, Washington