First Starbucks, Pike Place Market
1912 Pike Place Market
The first Starbucks coffee shop is located in Seattle's Pike Place Market. Due to preservation restrictions at the Market, the store retains its original look, although the menu is about the same as at other Starbucks coffee shops.
Although this is the first Starbucks, this isn't the original location. The first Starbucks coffee shop opened in March 1971 at 2000 Western Avenue and moved about a block south to its current location in 1976.
The First Starbucks (S01A0004)
Check out these other sights at Pike Place Market:
- Pike Place Market, Seattle, Washington
- Pike Place Market Gum Wall, Seattle, Washington
- Rachel The Pig At Pike Place Market, Seattle, Washington
While you're in the area, check out these sights:
- Pioneer Square, Seattle, Washington
- Waterfront, Seattle, Washington
- Angie's Umbrella Sculpture, Seattle, Washington