Old City Hall
Commerce St @ S 7th St
Tacoma's Old City Hall is the distinctive building with the prominent clock tower located toward the north end of Tacoma's downtown core. It housed Tacoma's city offices until the 1959. Tacoma sold it off in the 1970s. For a time it housed boutiques and restaurants, and then offices, but the historic building has mostly stood empty for several years as of this writing. In June 2015, the Tacoma City Council passed a proposal to buy and preserve the building.
Old City Hall was built in 1893 in the Italian Renaissance style. The brick structure features walls that are eight-foot thick at its base, terra cotta details and a copper-tiled roof.
The free-standing clock tower is a later addition to the site.
Old City Hall (T15A0003)